Shipping & Returns
For any questions please contact us by emailing
RAEN PURCHASE TERMS
Last updated: July 15, 2022
1. We do not sell alcohol to persons under the age of 21, and we make every effort to ensure that alcoholic beverages are not delivered to anyone who is under the age of 21. By making a purchase through this site, you affirm and acknowledge that you are over the age of 21, that the person receiving a shipment of alcoholic beverages from us is over the age of 21, and that receipt of shipments containing alcoholic beverages requires the signature of a person 21 years of age or older who is not intoxicated. You also agree that any alcohol purchased from us is intended for personal consumption and not for resale. If you do not agree with these conditions of use, please do not purchase alcoholic beverages through this site. If you intentionally or unintentionally misrepresent your age in order to provide alcohol to a person under the age of 21, you may be prosecuted to the full extent allowed by law.
3. Shipping. The legal landscape of direct-to-consumer shipping laws for wineries is always in flux. We do our best to monitor these changes that may present new opportunities for us to legally ship to you. However, at any given time, there may be a small number of states we are prohibited from shipping to either due to the cost-prohibitive nature of the license or the state’s ABC strictly prohibits direct-to-consumer shipping. For a real-time list of our available shipping states, you may contact us directly using our contact information both above and at the bottom of this page. If you live in a state where the direct shipment of wine may violate the law, we will contact you to discuss shipping options, which may include providing an alternative shipping address in a state which permits the direct shipment of wines to consumers, or storage of the wines at an acceptable third-party storage facility. Sales tax is calculated based on the package destination rate. Delivery requires the signature of a sober adult over the age of 21.
4. Carriers. UPS is RAEN’s default carrier, but GLS and FedEx are also options. Please notify us at least two business days before your scheduled shipment if you prefer a different carrier. Carriers will make three delivery attempts before returning an order to us. You may incur additional shipping costs if the carrier is unable to deliver by the third attempt. We recommend shipping to a business address that is open to accept deliveries to ensure someone 21 or older is present during business hours.
5. Will Call. RAEN offers Will Call pickups at third-party fulfillment partner M7 Wine Solutions located at 502 Devlin Road, Napa, CA 94558. When selecting this option, you will receive an email from M7 with details about when your order may be picked up as well as a booking link to schedule your appointment (https://m7wine.setmore.com/bookappointment). Your order will be held for 30 calendar days after the date you place your order. After this period has lapsed, RAEN reserves the right to either ship to the address on file via Ground shipping after contacting you to confirm this update to the fulfillment method or cancel the order and return the wine to our inventory.
6. Weather Holds. Wine is perishable. Hot humid weather and cold winter weather may adversely affect the condition of your wine during shipment. We may place orders on a “weather hold” until conditions are favorable for safely shipping your wine. You will be notified when your order has been placed on weather hold. If you want to release your wine from a weather hold sooner than weather permits, let us know. At that point, you will have the option to choose an expedited method in order to ship the wine safely. Or, if you want to override the suggested weather hold and ship Ground, RAEN will do so, and RAEN will not be responsible for, and will not replace, wine that is damaged by extreme weather conditions during such shipment. When your wine order is picked up by the common carrier for delivery, responsibility for the wine becomes your responsibility as the purchaser.
7. Unfulfilled Orders. RAEN reserves the right to cancel your order, issue a refund to the card on file, and return an order to our inventory if the order remains unfulfilled for more than one calendar year and after a minimum of 3 attempts have been made to contact you without response.
8. Cancellations. You may cancel your order without penalty if RAEN receives written notice of cancellation or a verbal confirmation via phone at least two business days prior to the scheduled ship date. Order cancellation requests received outside of this cancellation period may not be eligible for a full refund.
9. Reships. If your order is returned to our warehouse due to damage or an error on the part of the shipping carrier, we will re-ship it at no cost to you. If your order has been returned after three unsuccessful delivery attempts or an incorrect address, a reshipping fee will be charged to the credit card on file.
10. Redirects. If your order has already shipped and you want to change the shipping address, or you want the order to be held for future delivery (up to 14 days), please be aware that our carriers charge a per package fee for these requests and this cost will be passed onto you. Because of tax compliance issues, we can redirect shipments only within the same state. If you want us to ship to a different state than the original shipping address, you will have to pay for the wine to be returned to RAEN before being re-shipped to the new delivery address.
11. Inventory Changes. Our wines are sold in limited quantities. If an item you are returning for a replacement is no longer available, we will substitute it with next available vintage.
RAEN Customer Service
If you have any questions or concerns about your purchase, please contact us at:
Attn: Customer Care
PO Box 10489
Napa, CA 94581
Phone (not effective for notices required to be in writing):
If an order has been received and signed for by the purchaser, RAEN will not consider a refund or return. However, we will replace items that are damaged in transit, and a claim will be filed with the carrier. Any unsatisfactory items (due to corkage or some other naturally occurring flaw) need to be re-corked with remaining contents and returned for RAEN to do an analysis and consider issuing a refund.